Healthy Diet and Daily Instructions for People Who Have Acne – Allowed:
It is important that people who suffer from acne abide by the following instructions.
General advice for people who have acne:
- Do daily sports and do relaxation exercises such as yoga, meditation and breathing exercises because it stimulates blood flow and helps reduce tension and stress. Stress affects the hormonal balance and cause aggravation of acne.
- Keep the affected area dry and clean. wash your face with soap and water before you go to bed.
- Frequently wash towels and bed pillows.
- Make sure you wear 100% cotton made clothes especially for people who have back acne.
- To cleanse your face, wipe it with a cotton pad soaked in apple vinegar diluted with water. Apple vinegar helps clean oils especially for people with oily skin.
- For topical treatment of acne, use MSM solution (Methyl sulfonyl methane) on the face and the back. Clean the acne with ear cotton marinated with MSM solution. (Open the capsules and dissolve its content with equal amount of clean water and save the solution in the fridge.
- You can mix Lanolin cream or pure moisturizing cream with some antiseptic herbs and apply it daily. Preferably, mix it with Echinacea, Calendula, Propolis, Gotu kola, and pomegranate peel.
- You can use PROPOLEO cream from BeePharma. You can mix it with Echinacea, Calendula and Gotu kola.
Liquids (Water- Juices- Teas)
- Drink plenty of water (8-10 glasses a day).
- Take 1tbsp of raw nectar honey dissolved in 2 cups of water every morning on an empty stomach.
- Drink sage tea every day.
- Drink licorice juice or licorice tea on a daily basis especially for people who have hormone imbalance.
- Add olive oil to your daily meals because it is rich in omega3 fatty acid. Fatty acids help maintain the health and integrity of skin cells and contribute to the production of prostaglandin hormone that reduces inflammation, which helps alot with acne.
Fruits and Vegetables
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. Preferably, eat leafy greens, sprouts, root vegetables, apples, pears, papaya because they have high content of fiber and essential vitamins and minerals that contribute to the proper functioning of all body systems and help detoxify the body. These foods are also rich in B vitamins that are very important for most body system and for the health and integrity of the skin.
- Consume foods that are rich in vitamin C such as citrus fruits, pepper, cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, spinach and tomatoes. Vitamin C is very important for collagen build up and for the strengthening of the immune system.
- It is very important to foods that are rich in vitamin A such as cooked carrots, sweet potato, squash, dark leafy greens, romaine lettuce, dried apricots, cantaloupe melon, sweet red peppers, and mangos.
- Eat avocados and olives because they are high in omega3 fatty acid.
Whole grains – Legumes – Seeds and Nuts
- Insert the following to your daily regime: whole grains (whole rice quinoa, oatmeal) and legumes (lentils, soybeans). These foods have high content of fiber and essential vitamins and minerals especially B vitamins.
- Consume foods that are high in zinc such as sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, raw nuts, almonds, broccoli, legumes and whole grains. Zinc participates in the process of collagen production and helps maintain healthy skin.
- Eating Burdock roots helps treat inflammations and fasten healing of acne.
- Consume foods that contain essential fatty acids especially omega3 such flaxseeds, raw seeds and nuts and sesame. Fatty acids help maintain the health and integrity of skin cells and contribute to the production of prostaglandin hormone that reduces inflammation.
- Add cumin and turmeric to your meals because they are very potent antioxidants and anti-inflammatory.
Fish and Seafood
- Eat fish that have high content of omega3 fatty acid such as salmon, tuna, sardines, mackerel, and halibut
- It is very important to consume foods that are rich in vitamin A such as fish oil and cooked tuna.
Healthy Diet and Daily Instructions for People Who Have Acne – Prohibited:
- Tension and stress.
- Exposure to sunlight for long periods.
- Do not touch or scrub the affected area with you nails and do not squeeze pimples.
- Simple carbohydrates such as white flour, sugar, cakes, biscuits and pastries. These foods raise the level of sugar in the blood and thus impedes the work of hormones.
- Foods with high glycemic index because it increases and aggravates acne.
- Milk and dairy because they contain artificial hormones that may worsen the hormonal imbalance and stimulate the production of oily secretions. Dairy also causes indigestion, which may lead to malabsorption and cause acne due to deficiency in some minerals.
- Foods that contain saturated fat such as fried food, beef, processed food, margarine, butter and refined oils.
- Allergenic foods such as wheat, milk, dairy, corn, peanuts, preservatives and food dyes. These foods may aggravate acne.
- Processed and canned food that contain preservatives, food dyes and flavorings. These foods are high in calories, sugar, saturated fat and trans fat.
- Alcohol and energy beverages, because they increase blood sugar level and impede the absorption of the vitamins and minerals that are essential for the proper functioning of all body systems especially the immune system.
- Reduce spices and salt in the food.
- Caffeinated beverages like coffee and tea, because they weaken immunity and induce inflammation.
- Smoking and hookah