Botanical name: Arthrospira platensis
Common name: Spirulina
Net weight: 59.5 gram
Content: 100 capsules
Spirulina is a type of blue-green algae that is found in Africa and Asia, as well as in Central America. Free growing, spirulina lives in high-salt alkaline water in subtropical and tropical areas, sometimes dense enough to give the water a dark-green color.
Spirulina contains all of the essential amino acids, thus it is considered a complete protein source. Apart from the high (up to 70%) content of protein, it also considered a good source of vitamins, minerals, carotenoids, and antioxidants that can help protect cells from damage. It contains nutrients, including B complex vitamins (B1, B2, B12, B9), beta-carotenes, vitamin E, manganese, zinc, copper, iron, selenium, potassium, calcium, magnesium, chromium, sodium, phosphorus and gamma linoleic acid (an essential fatty acid). Spirulina lacks cellulose cell walls and therefore it can be easily digested.
The Phycocyanin in Spirulina affects the stem cells found in bone marrow. Stem cells are “Grandmother” to both the white blood cells that make up the cellular immune system and the red blood cells that oxygenate the body.
In addition, although spirulina is generally low in carbohydrate nutrients, it contains a unique, sulfur and calcium-containing carbohydrate called calcium spirulina that may contribute to its beneficial effects on body function and health.
Spiru product is indicated for:
- Treatment of Cancer, Especially Oral (oral carcinogenesis- in particular leukoplakia). A combination of antioxidant and immune modulation characteristics of Spirulina cause tumor destruction and hence play a role in cancer prevention. It strengthens both the cellular and humoral arms of the immune system and causes regression and inhibition of cancers. It is also anti- angiogenesis so it prevents the developments of new blood vessels around tumors.
- Treatment of Anemia because it is very high in bio-available iron. It is also indicated for treatment of radiation sickness that affects the bone marrow and causes deficiency in the normal production of white and red blood cells.
- Spirulina is the world’s richest natural source of vitamins B1(thiamine), B-2 (riboflavin), B3(nicotinamide), B6 (pyridoxine), B9 (folic acid), B12 (cobalamin), vitamin E, and vitamin K1 and K2.
- To modulate and strengthen the immune response because it actively promotes cell regeneration and increases production of antibodies, infection-fighting proteins, and other cells that improve immunity and help ward off infection and chronic illnesses. Moreover, it makes recovery from illnesses occur faster.
- Treatment of Liver Disorders. It protects against liver damage and cirrhosis (liver failure) in people with chronic hepatitis. It also detoxifies the liver and helps improve liver functioning because it has a 62% amino acid content.
- To improve the function of WBC in transmitting toxins from the body organs to the liver.
- To enhance the body’s ability to generate new blood cells.
- Hormone imbalance, infertility, menopause, menstrual pain, libido and normal sexual function in men and women.
- Inflammation and PMS Symptoms. Spirulina is one of the leading sources of Gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) which is one of the most powerful anti-inflammatory agents in nature. GLA is also particularly beneficial to women, as it can ease the symptoms of PMS.
- Natural detoxification of the body and blood as it has a very high concentration of chlorophyll, one of nature’s most powerful detoxifying agents. It binds to heavy metals and radioactive isotopes, making it very beneficial for those undergoing radioactive therapy.
- Treatment of Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS). It has polysaccharides (Rhamnose and Glycogen) and essential fat (GLA) that are absorbed easily by human cells and help release energy.
- To balances blood pressure, blood sugar, and cholesterol. It can significantly reduce high-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol and triglycerides in 8 weeks. And increase HDL cholesterol.
- Cardiovascular health. It lowers cholesterol therefore prevents atherosclerosis thus reducing the chances of heart attacks and cardiovascular diseases.
- Treatment of Infections (viral, bacterial, or parasitic). It has potent anti-viral activity; therefore, it inhibits replication of HIV-1, Herpes Simplex, Human Cytomegalovirus, Influenza A virus, Mumps virus and Measles virus. The virus cannot penetrate the cell membrane to infect the cell, so it gets stuck, unable to replicate.
- To prevent from colds, flus, and other contractible illnesses.
- The Digestive System. it contains probiotics and fibers that contribute to the healthy functioning of the digestive system. It eases the passage of waste through the digestive system, thereby reducing stress on the entire system. It also promotes healthy bacteria in the digestive system, and helps to improve the absorption of dietary nutrients.
- To increase beneficial intestinal flora thus reduce potential problems from opportunistic pathogens like E. coli and Candida.
- Treatment of Allergy and Rhinitis. It improved symptoms and allergic reactions by stopping the release of histamines, substances that contribute to allergy symptoms, such as a runny nose, watery eyes, hives, sneezing, nasal congestion, nasal itching, and nasal discharge and soft-tissue swelling.
- To maintain eye health because it is very rich in vitamin A and zeaxanthin, which are exceptionally important for healthy eyes. spirulina has ten times the vitamin A concentration gram per gram of carrots. It may help reduce the risk of cataracts and age-related macular degeneration.
- Alleviation of symptoms of arthritic conditions and inflammations such as joints, ears, throat, cold and flu because it is rich in GLA which is also anti-inflammatory.
- Healthy, soft and shiny skin and hair because it is rich in GLA essential fatty acid.it also helps treat hair loss.
- Treatment of Diabetes.
- Healthy functioning of the nervous system. it improves cognitive performance, concentration and attention.
- Treatment of ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder).
- Anti- aging. It gives healthy, soft and glowing skin and helps regenerate cells and tissues.
- To enhance spleen and thymus gland functioning.
- Treatment of skin diseases (dermatological issues ) and Fast and quick wound healing.
- To improves athletic performance and contributes to rapid comeback after exertion.
- To help with Malnutrition.
- To help lose weight and maintain a healthy and fit body.
- To maintain oral health (gums and teeth).
- To strengthen the nails and assists to bone and tooth health.
- Respiratory system health.
- It has an anti-coagulant property.
- Spiru Product should be used in caution in children under the age of 18. Consult a doctor first.
- Spiru product should be used with caution in people with autoimmune diseases, such as multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, or lupus because it could worsen your condition. Consult your doctor before you take the product.
- Spiru product should be used with caution in people that are allergic to seafood.
- Spiru product should be used with caution in people that are allergic to iodine.
- Spiru product should be used with caution in people with Hypothyroidism. While iodine usually helps stimulate the thyroid, too much iodine, more than about 800 micrograms per day, can actually cause the thyroid to become less active.
* The recommended dietary allowance is 150 micrograms per day for adults.
The iodine content of algae varies widely, but it may contain more than 4,500 micrograms.
Spiru product should be used with caution if taken in conjunction with some medications. It is possible that spirulina might interfere with drugs given to suppress the immune system, including: Adalimumab (Humira), Azathioprine (Imuran), Cyclosporine (Neoral), Etanercept (Enbrel), Infliximab (Remicade), Leflunomide (Arava), Methotrexate, and Mycophenolate (CellCept). (None well documented)
- Spiru product is contraindicated for people with a metabolic condition called phenylketonuria (PKU) because people with this rare condition cannot metabolize the amino acid phenylalanine.
- Spiru product is contraindicated for people with Hyperthyroidism and Hashimoto’s disease because it has high concentration of iodine.
- Spiru product is contraindicated for pregnant and breastfeeding women because there is not enough reliable information regarding the safety and efficacy in pregnancy and lactation.
Spirulina appears safe, even at high doses.
However, spirulina-associated hepatotoxicity and reactions from heavy metal contamination are possible.
To purchase the product through Amazon website, click here
For references click here