wormwood -Artemisia – Mugwort
wormwood-Artemisia is usually found in Asia, Northern Africa and in Europe as well. The perennial grows up to 2 meters high, it has small flowers with multiple yellow petals. The leaves and flowers are very bitter with a characteristic odor, the root has an aromatic taste. Chinese scientist in the 1970s discovered artemisinin which is extracted from Artemisia plant, and used it to treat malaria.
Artemisia was used as a safe, non-toxic alternative for cancer treatment. It can effectively kill breast cancer cells and leukemia cells while leaving the normal cells and white blood cells unscathed. Artemisinin, extract of Artemisia, kills 98% of the cancer cells within 16 hours. Research found that artemisinin alone reduces cancer cells to 28%; however, adding iron to artemisinin enhances its effectiveness in killing cancer cells to 98%. Cancer cells have much higher iron concentration than normal cells. In anticancer therapy, they pump up the cancer cells with iron and then introduce artemisinin to selectively kill them.
Art product – wormwood is indicated:
- for cancer, especially breast cancer, leukemia, cervical cancer, ovarian cancer and liver cancer.
- for some inflammations and fungi, especially ear inflammations.
- to expel intestinal parasites.
- for the disposal of gallstones. It increases bile secretion.
- for chronic diarrhea.
- for patients with low stomach acidity and lack of gastric juice.
- for acute or chronic digestion problems.
- as a mild laxative for people that suffer for constipation.
- for colic, abdominal pain and frequent intestinal gases.
- for some cases of depression, for chronic fatigue, anxiety and boredom without a specific reason.
- for constant nausea.
- for fatty liver.
- for menstrual disorders like irregular menstruation and many other menstrual problems.
- for appetite loss. it is advised in cases of anorexia nervosa.
- for throat inflammation and pain.
- to reduce Crohn’s disease symptoms and to reduces the amount of chemical drugs used in treating it as well.
- for intractable wounds and skin ulcers. (to make a cataplasm with Artemisia, onion and olive oil)
- for some cases of headaches and migraines.
- for bleeding hemorrhoids.
- for diabetes mellitus, especially in older people.
- for high fever.
- for insect bites and snake bites. (to make a cataplasm of Artemisia leaves)
- in cases of hysteria or excessive anger.
- for mitigating epileptic seizures.
- for malaria.
- Art product – wormwood is contraindicated for pregnant and for nursing women.
- Art product – wormwood is contraindicated for patients with ulcer diseases.
- Art product – wormwood is contraindicated for people with strong acidity in the stomach.
Art product – Artemisia is considered safe if taken according to the specified amounts and doses. Artemisia belongs to the daisy family, Asteraceae. People allergic to these species should be careful when they take Art product.