Botanical name: Cordyceps Sinensis
commom name: Ophiocordyceps sinensis, caterpillar fungus, winter worm, summer grass
Japanese name: Caterpiller mushroom, TOCHUKASO
Chinese name:Dong Chong Xia Cao
Net weight: 63.8 gram
Content: 100 capsules
Cordyceps was first discovered by the people of Nepal and Tibet. Nepali people used to take their yaks (giant bulls) into grass-rich meadows in the high mountains. Yaks were found in mountainous soil, exposing roots, grasses and mushroom, amongst them Cordyceps sinensis. It was the change in the Yaks’ behavior that lead to the exposure of this unique mushroom to the world. If the yaks’ behavior had not changed after eating Cordyceps sinensis, it probably would not have been discovered, but their reaction – which combined energetic ferocity with increased sexual activity – showed that these mushrooms have absolute effects on animal behavior, which indicated that it might as well have an effect on that of human beings.
One shepherd from one of the Tibetan tribes, incorporated Cordyceps into the tribe diet. The results were not long to come – there was a noticeable improvement in cardiovascular endurance and in sexual potency, and an alleviation in lung disease the locals had suffered from because of the high altitude. After mushroom’s wonders were revealed, the rumor quickly reached the personal doctor of the emperor of China. After trying it, the emperor declared Cordyceps sinensis as a royal medicinal mushroom, and ordered that all mushrooms found must be transferred to his court by law. To date, Cordyceps sinensis is recognized as a national medical treasure in China and a very important medicinal mushroom.
Cordyceps is an exotic mushroom with significant medicinal properties. It is called the “Chinese larval mushroom” because it grows on larvae, adult insects or on a unique type of truffle. This rare mushroom has been preserved for thousands of years in China because, in addition to its properties, it is very difficult to locate. It grew in the Himalayas in rocky areas, and only 20 years ago it was exposed to the wider world. Since 1980, it is grown on non-insecticidal substrates. This growth method does not alter the composition or medicinal properties of the mushroom. Today, there are 680 varieties of Cordyceps identified and it grows in all 6 continents.
Cordyceps Sinensis is indicated for:
- Lung health and for better functioning of the respiratory system. It is also indicated for a variety of respiratory diseases like Chronic bronchitis, Cough, dry cough, barking cough, and asthma since it increases the amount of oxygen in the blood.
- Constant stress, tiredness, anxiety, and Chronic fatigue syndrome(CFS).
- Kidney health and for various kidney diseases such as renal failure, nephritis, lupus nephritis, and nephropathy. It also has diuretic property.
- Impotence, premature ejaculation, and erectile dysfunction, as well as, to increase libido and sperm count in men.
- Cancer, especially lung cancer, leukemia and melanoma (skin) breast cancer, and renal cancer. It increases the activity of the natural killer cells (NK cells) and strengthens and activates the immune system. Cordyceps is also indicated for patients who undergo chemotherapy or radiation therapy because it increases the amount of blood cells and plasma and reduces the adverse effects of oncological treatments like Mouth fungi and ulcers (to apply topically), Hair loss, Energy loss, and Platelet reduction.
- Atherosclerosis, Arrhythmia, and to reduces LDL cholesterol production and Hypertriglyceridemia.
- Diabetes type 2.
- Treatment after a stroke or a heart attack.
- Different hepatic diseases especially for cirrhosis, Hepatitis B, chronic liver inflammation, and liver function deficiency.
- Premature graying and wrinkles since it has anti-aging properties. It is also indicated for various age-related diseases such as neurotic degeneration, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, fragility of the wrists, knees and cartilage.
- Autoimmune disease.
- Cold limps.
- To Induce production of collagen.
- Strengthening of the immune system and for protection against flu and cold.
- Brain health and nourishment. (with M.Reishi and other products)
- Lupus erythematosus because it reduces albuminuria and improves renal functioning.
- To help the body cope with massive stress and to recover faster after a surgery because it is an adaptogen.
- feet and leg pain because it stimulates blood flow and prevents vasoconstriction.
- Irregular menstruation.
- HIV virus that causes AIDS.
Medical activity of:
Adaptogenic, anti-viral, anti-aging, anti-anemic, a tonic for the adrenal gland, expands bronchodilators, stimulates immunity, activates vaccination, Immunomodulator (delays or corners an immune response or an inflammatory condition without causing significant immune suppression).
- M.Cordy product – Cordyceps Sinensis should be used with caution in pregnant women, breastfeeding mothers, and children. There is not enough reliable information about the use of Cordyceps mushroom in this category of people. Consult your doctor before you take this product.
- M.Cordy product – Cordyceps Sinensis is preferable not to be taken at night time because it increases energy and vigilances.
- M.Cordy product- Cordyceps Sinensis should be used with caution in diabetic patients on medication. You should prepare a daily schedule for glycaemia measurement.
- M.Cordy product – Cordyceps Sinensis should be used with caution in patients who underwent a transplant surgery and are taking immunosuppressant drugs. Consult your doctor before you take this product.
M.Cordy product – Cordyceps Sinensis is contraindicated for people using blood thinning medications like Coumadin (Warfarin).
Very rare: dry mouth, mild colic, diarrhea.
To purchase the product through Amazon website, click here
For references click here