- Product name: DGL
- Scientific name: Glycyrrhiza Galabra
- Common name: Liquorice extract
- Net weight: 46.6 gram
- Content: 100 capsules
- Additional names: Licorice extract
Extract of Liquorice – DGL
Glycyrrhiza – Licorice is known in the Arab world for its delicious taste and special rituals that it is characterized by the hawker who carries a huge jug filled with Glycyrrhiza and the hawker’s way of pouring Glycyrrhiza – Licorice for people in the streets. It is important to mention that Glycyrrhiza roots have a component that is 50 times sweeter than sugar. In addition to its delicious taste, Licorice extract is known for its medicinal properties in treating respiratory system inflammations, ejecting phlegm and alleviating cough either caused by bronchitis, asthma or cold. Recent scientific studies have indicated that Glycyrrhiza extract helps in the renewal of the digestive system lining; therefore, it is considered very effective in treating gastroenteritis and helicobacter pylori. Studies have also indicated that Liquorice extract improves thyroid gland functioning, relieves arthritis pain, rheumatism, skin diseases and autoimmune diseases.
DGL product – Licorice Extract is indicated for:
- Ulcus ventriculi (Stomach ulcer)-studies have shown the effectiveness of Glycyrrhiza extract in treating stomach ulcers is equivalent to the chemical drugs used to treat it, only without any side effects.
- Indigestion, Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), gastric hyperacidity, gastritis, malabsorption, chronic constipation, and also to repair stomach lining.
- Helicobacter pylori. (in addition to other herbs).
- The upper and lower respiratory system infections and inflammations, cold, sinusitis and congestion of sinuses, cough, dry cough, asthma, pulmonary fibrosis, phlegm, and chronic bronchitis.
- Some non-hormone-related cancers, such as colon cancer and stomach cancer (as part of a treatment program that includes other herbs)
- Glycyrrhiza is an adaptogen herb that activates the adrenal gland. It has a special property of improving life quality and reducing physical and emotional stress in adversities and concurrent incidents. It also and help cope with mental stress and the symptoms accompanied with it such as weakness, dimness, excessive sweat, tiredness, exhaustion, cold hands, and depression.
- Irritable bowel diseases (IBD) such as: ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, ischemic colitis, diversion colitis, non- specific colitis, lymphocytic and collagenous colitis.
- Liquorice also treats Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
- Hepatitis and all liver viruses. Also for cholecystitis and gallstones.
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS).
- Spring allergy and respiratory system allergy.
- Very effective for arthritis.( in addition to other herbs)
- Menopause symptoms.
- To provide the body with energy and vitality and fights chronic fatigue coincident with stomach disorders. Licorice also reduces insomnia and promotes better sleep.
- To strengthen the immune system and prevent different diseases and inflammations especially in the elderly and people with weak immunity.
- Viruses and chronic infections such as herpes or impetigo.
- Autoimmune diseases such as multiple sclerosis (MS), Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE), rheumatoid arthritis and other diseases.
- Morbus addisonii.
- To reduce appetite. Researches have indicated that Glycyrrhiza extract reduces body fat, therefore, the intake of Liquorice extract for 2 continues months, reduces body mass and deactivates aldosterone hormone. However, large intake increases appetite.
- Urinary tract infections.
- Mouth ulcers and mouth wounds.
- Faster recovery after a surgery or after massive stress.
- Liver diseases such as fatty liver and non- alcoholic liver inflammation.
- Hyperprolactinemia (abnormally high prolactin hormone levels in the blood).
- Various skin diseases such as eczema and psoriasis. Studies have indicated that applying Liquorice extract ointment on the skin, helps relieve itching, swelling and also redness.
- Licorice reduces hypercholesteremia. (high cholesterol level in the blood)
- Hyperpotassemis (high potassium level in the blood).
- Muscles spasm. (as part of a treatment program that includes other herbs)
- Some cases of infertility in men and women.
- Freckle Face. (DGL cream or ointment).
- Familial Mediterranean Fever also known as Armenian disease.
- Inflamed connective tissue
- Hay fever and allergic rhinitis or a sensitive nose.
DGL product – Extract of Licorice is contraindicated for
- Heart patients.
- Patients with hormone–related cancer such as breast, uterine, ovarian and prostate cancer.
- Patients with fluid retention.
- People with hypertension.
- Diabetic patients.
- Kidney patients.
- People with hypopotassemia.
- Pregnant and nursing women.
DGL product is safe for use
Prolonged intake of DGL product, more than two consecutive months, may cause some side effects like: mild headache, high blood pressure and fatigue. All these symptoms disappear once you stop taking Glycyrrhiza extract. Or if you take it in combination with other herbs.
Purchase from Amazon Browse all our products Browse all treatments