Botanical name: Glycyrrhiza Galabra
Common name: Liquorice root, Licorice
Product name: AS
Glycyrrhiza is known in the Arab world for its delicious taste and special rituals that it is characterized by the hawker who carries a huge jug filled with Glycyrrhiza and the hawker’s way of pouring Glycyrrhiza for people in the streets. It is important to mention that Glycyrrhiza roots have a component that is 50 times sweeter than sugar. In addition to its delicious taste, Glycyrrhiza is known for its medicinal properties in treating respiratory system inflammations, ejecting phlegm and alleviating cough either caused by bronchitis, asthma or cold. Recent scientific studies have proved that Glycyrrhiza helps in the renewal of the digestive system lining; therefore, it is considered very effective in treating gastroenteritis and helicobacter pylori. Studies have also proved that Glycyrrhiza improves thyroid gland functioning, relieves arthritis pain, rheumatism, skin diseases and autoimmune diseases.
AS product indications:
- for ulcus ventriculi (Stomach ulcer)-studies have shown that Glycyrrhiza effectiveness in treating stomach ulcers is equivalent to the chemical drugs used to treat it, only without any side effects.
- for indigestion, Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), gastric hyperacidity, gastritis, malabsorption, chronic constipation, and to repair stomach lining.
- for helicobacter pylori. (as part of a treatment program that includes other herbs).
- for the upper and lower respiratory system infections and inflammations, cold, sinusitis and congestion of sinuses, cough, dry cough, asthma, pulmonary fibrosis, phlegm, and chronic bronchitis.
- for some non-hormone-related cancers, like colon and stomach cancer (as part of a treatment program that includes other herbs)
- Glycyrrhiza is an adaptogen herb that activates the adrenal gland. It has a special property of improving life quality and reducing physical and emotional stress in adversities and concurrent incidents. It also and help cope with mental stress and the symptoms accompanied with it like weakness, dimness, excessive sweat, tiredness, exhaustion, cold hands, and depression.
- for irritable bowel diseases (IBD) like: ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, ischemic colitis, diversion colitis, non- specific colitis, lymphocytic and collagenous colitis.
- for irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
- for hepatitis and all liver viruses. Also for cholecystitis and gallstones.
- for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS).
- for spring allergy and respiratory system allergy.
- very effective for arthritis.( as part of a treatment program that includes other herbs)
- for menopause symptoms.
- to provide the body with energy and vitality and fights chronic fatigue coincident with stomach disorders. It also reduces insomnia and promotes better sleep.
- to strengthen the immune system and prevent different diseases and inflammations especially in the elderly and people with weak immunity.
- for viruses and chronic infections like herpes or impetigo.
- for autoimmune diseases like multiple sclerosis (MS), Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE), rheumatoid arthritis and other diseases.
- for morbus addisonii.
- to reduce appetite. Researches have indicated that Glycyrrhiza reduces body fat; therefore, the intake of Glycyrrhiza for 2 continues months, reduces body mass and deactivates aldosterone hormone. However, large intake increases appetite.
- for urinary tract inflammations.
- for osteoporosis.
- for mouth ulcers and mouth wounds.
- for faster recovery after a surgery or after massive stress.
- for hypotension.
- for liver diseases like fatty liver and non- alcoholic liver inflammation.
- for Hyperprolactinemia (abnormally high prolactin hormone levels in the blood).
- for various skin diseases like eczema and psoriasis. Studies have indicated that applying Glycyrrhiza ointment on the skin, helps relieve itching, swelling and redness.
- for hypercholesteremia. (high cholesterol level in the blood)
- for hyperpotassemis (high potassium level in the blood).
- for muscles spasm. (as part of a treatment program that includes other herbs)
- for some cases of infertility in men and women.
- for Freckle Face. (Glycyrrhiza cream or ointment).
- for Familial Mediterranean Fever also known as Armenian disease.
- for inflamed connective tissue
- for hay fever and allergic rhinitis or a sensitive nose.
- AS product is contraindicated for heart patients.
- AS product is contraindicated for patients with hormone–related cancer such as breast, uterine, ovarian and prostate cancer.
- AS product is contraindicated for patients with fluid retention.
- AS product is contraindicated for patients with hypertension.
- AS product is contraindicated for diabetic patients.
- AS product is contraindicated for kidney patients.
- AS product is contraindicated for people with hypopotassemia.
- AS product is contraindicated for pregnant and nursing women.
AS product is safe for use
Prolonged intake of AS product, more than two consecutive months, may cause some side effects like: mild headache, high blood pressure and fatigue. All these symptoms disappear once you stop taking Glycyrrhiza root. Or if you take it in combination with other herbs.
For references click here.
Expert Consult – Contact Us