Scientific name: Rhamnus Frangula Honey
English common name: Alder Buckthorn Honey
Net weight: 500 gram
There are more than 15 kinds of Rhamnus frangula honey – Alder Buckthorn around the world. In Hekma Center, we are using the Rhamnus Palaestina honey a Palestinian kind of Rhamnus frangula – Alder Buckthorn.
Rhamnus frangula nectar -Alder Buckthorn is collected by the bees from the flowers of Rhamnus frangula tree before they turn into fruit. Rhamnus frangula trees grow in the tropical and sub-tropical regions and live nearly a hundred years. The trees flower in the raining season, so this kind of honey can be made by bees only in a short period time of the year, which explains its expensive price. With time, Rhamnus frangula honey – Alder Buckthorn thickens, its quality becomes better and its color gets darker. It contains monosaccharides, amino acids, vitamins, and yeasts. it has a delicate fragrance and it is less sweet than other honey. This honey is a cure for many diseases like liver diseases and some cancer diseases.
Rhamnus Frangula Honey – Alder Buckhthorn is indications:
- as an important source of energy for the body as it contains monosaccharides.
- for anemia because it increases hemoglobin level in the blood.
- to increase fertility, sexual potency and sperm count in men.
- for asthma, pulmonary fibrosis, and other respiratory diseases. It expands bronchus and dissolves phlegm.
- to strengthen the heart muscle, the lungs and the spleen.
- to maintain the stability and regularity of blood pressure within the normal level.
- for depression, anxiety, stress and many mental illnesses.
- for gastric and duodenal ulcers because it reduces stomach acidity.
- as an antibiotic to fight viruses, bacteria and fungi. It also treats lymphatic system infections.
- in cosmetic surgery and for skin burns and ulcers and some skin diseases.
- to activate the urinary system and get rid of urinary tract stones.
- to strengthen the immune system.
- for diabetes.
- for infertility in men and women.
- for Malaria and Typhoid fever.
- to purify the skin (to be put directly on the skin).
- for pregnant and nursing women.
- for all liver diseases, especially fatty liver and liver cirrhosis.
- to help in the growth of the teeth and to protect the teeth.
- for corneal problems and eyelid ulcers.
Rhamnus frangula honey – Alder Buckthorn is contraindicated for people allergic to Rhamnus frangula.
Rhamnus frangula honey – Alder Buckthorn is considered safe to use for adults and children above the age of 2 years.
For references click here