- Product name: Mera
- Scientific name: Salvia officinalis
- Common name: Sage
- Net weight: 29.5 gram
- Additional names: garden Sage, common Sage
Sage – Salvia Officinalis
Salvia officinalis also known as sage is native to the Mediterranean, but it can be found all over the world. There are up to 700 species of salvia, 24 are found in Palestine. People used salvia for centuries due to its medical and healing purposes. Pharaohs for example used it to increase fertility, whereas Greeks used it to stop bleeding and to heal wounds. The Romans on the other hand used it to improve memory, and also as a diuretic and as a local anesthetic for the skin.
Leaves of sage – Salvia officinalis are usually used for making tea which has a distinctive strong flavor and aroma. People use salvia tea for sore throat, mouth inflammation, gum inflammation and mouth ulcers. The leaves of sage – Salvia officinalis are frequently used to treat a cough, hoarseness, and loss of voice. Sage leaf is a strong antibiotic and natural antiseptic, either by applying it topical or by drinking it as a tea or taking it as capsules (dried powder). Sage – salvia officinalis leaves are used to treat intestinal cramps, colic and abdominal pain. It helps in digestion and in the absorption of gasses from the digestive system.
Mera product – Sage or Salvia officinalis is indicated for:
- Diabetes type 2 because it decreases blood sugar level. You can take Powdered sage – Salvia officinalis either in capsules or put directly underneath the tongue.
- Abdominal pain, abdominal cramps, intestinal gasses, enteritis, diarrhea, acute constipation, and abdominal pain causes by cramps in the digestive system.
- To prevent cancer, especially lung cancer, mouth cancer, and cancer of the digestive system. (as part of a treatment program the includes other herbs)
- Asthma and the upper and lower respiratory system infections, cough, hoarseness, cold, high fever, flu, tonsillitis, difficulty in swallowing, and excessive sweat. It also works as an expectorant to phlegm.
- Irregular menstrual cycle, menstruation pain and hormone imbalance in women. It also strengthens the ovaries and reduces menopausal symptoms such as hot flashes and sweating.
- As a natural strong antibiotic and antiseptic. You can use it topically on wounds or drank as tea, or take it as a dried leave powder. sage – Salvia officinalis is also antiviral and antibacterial.
- As an anti-fungal. It treats vaginal itching due to fungal infection and it also treats feet fungi.
- Tension and stress and to provide the body with energy and vigor. sage – salvia officinalis improves the mood and treats depression, anxiety and sadness because it raises the level of serotonin in the brain. It also improves sleeping and treats insomnia.
- Hypertension because it lowers and balances blood pressure.
- Heavy or prolonged menstrual bleeding, nose bleeding, and internal intestinal bleeding as well.
- Urinary tract and reproductive system inflammations in men and women.
- Parkinson’s disease and the trembling of hands and legs.
- Headaches and migraine.
- Peptic and duodenal ulcers.
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), ulcerative colitis, and Crohn’s disease.
- To raise the level of oxygen in blood of the limbs, especially in diabetic patients.
- Mouth and genital herpes red granules (mixed with Rhubarb root powder (Rheum Palmatum) and applied on the infected areas).
- To reduce fluid and moisture in the body. It treats excessive sweat especially in the hands, legs and armpits by killing the bacteria that causes it. It also helps get rid of body odor.
- Mouth infections and for mouth and gum ulcers.
- To enhance memory, focus, and agility, and to increase intelligence. It also strengthens short-term memory and contribute to the treatment of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
- To reduce the amount of breast milk and help wean the baby. Sage contains a natural form of estrogen and it can decrease breast milk supply.
- High fever due to infections.
- Sage increases appetite.
- To strengthen and activate the lymphatic system.
- To balance metabolism.
- It eases and reduces spasms in the body.
- To increase libido.
- Delayed birth because it speeds up labor naturally.
- To protect against cardiovascular disease.
- To protect the eye and the retina.
- Sage strengthens the bones and the mucous membrane and also gives freshness and vitality to the skin.
- To strengthen the immune system and help to fight various diseases.
Mera product – sage is contraindicated for
- Pregnant and nursing women.
- Epileptic patients.
- Patients taking immunosuppressive drugs or patients with low immune function.
- Infants (children under the age of 2).
- People allergic to salvia officinalis.
Mera product – sage should be used with caution in conjunction with hypotensive drugs. Make a schedule to measure your blood pressure periodically.
Mera product – sage is safe for use and does not have any side effects, when taking adequate quantities.
In some cases, it may cause allergic reactions like rash or redness to people allergic to salvia officinalis, especially when used topically.
Purchase from Amazon Reading scientific references Browse all our products Browse all treatments