Botanical name: Lentinus Edodes
Japanese name: Shiitake
Chinese name: Xiang Gu
Net weight: 52.7 gram
Content: 100 capsules
Shiitake mushroom is native to Southeast Asian countries. It grows naturally on fallen or rotted trunks of trees in hot, humid environments. It is the second most sold mushroom all over the world because it is rich with nutrients. It contains a particularly high amount of proteins that help build up muscle, as well as, a significant amount of fiber, essential minerals, and various vitamins, including vitamins B2 and C. moreover, it contains a large amount of ergosterol, a substance that stimulates the production of vitamin D. A regular consumption of nutrients such as shiitake mushroom contributes significantly to vitamin D balance.
Shiitake mushroom has gained several nicknames, including “the elixir of life” – a nickname given to it for its medicinal properties, such as its effectiveness in lowering blood cholesterol, treating respiratory problems, strengthening the immune system and increasing libido.
Chinese have inserted shiitake in their everyday diet thousands of years ago not only as a nutrient but also as a medicinal herb for treating several diseases and disorders. According to the ancient Chinese medical theory, shiitake mushroom is recommended for those who are seeking to live long healthy lives.
According to a statistical survey carried out in Chinese communities that grow shiitake mushrooms, the life expectancy of the locals is very long, compared to other places in China or around the world. In addition, there was a very small number of cancer patients in these communities. This data confirmed the assumption of Chinese physician Wu juei, that the combination of shiitake in the daily diet maintains good health and better blood stream.
M.Shiita product – Shiitake Mushroom is indicated for:
- Hypercholesterolemia and hypertriglyceridemia.
- To increase and balance vitamin D levels.
- Atherosclerosis and hypertension, also to improve blood flow and treat cardiovascular diseases.
- Stomach cancer, liver cancer, prostate cancer, pancreas cancer, breast cancer, intestine cancer, lymphoma, carcinoma of uterus, ovary cancer, cancer of the reproductive system and leukemia. It activates NK cells- natural killer cells and induces apoptosis, the process of programmed cell death. It also reduces the adverse effects of chemotherapy.
- Decreased white blood count (WBC) and red blood cells (RBC). It induces production of white and red blood cells.
- To increase hemoglobin level and treat anemia.
- Chronic hepatic inflammation and viral hepatitis B.
- To improves peripheral blood flow. It helps pump blood to all body parts, including the female genitalia, and thus helps treat a variety of diseases and different hormonal conditions.
- To treat impotence and increase libido.
- Strengthening of the immune system.
- Better functioning of the nervous system and the immune system because it is high in selenium.
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)- treatment and protection.
- Rheumatoid arthritis.
- Urinary tract infections.
- Influenza and cold.
- Tiredness and chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS).
- Herpes virus and HIV virus.
- Viral diseases, inflammations and fungi.
- Mild depression.
- Diabetes type 2.
- As a diuretic.
- Detoxifying the body and liver from accumulated toxins.
- To reduce the severity of asthma symptoms.
- To boost Energy and improve brain Functioning. It is a great source of B vitamins so it helps maintain focus and improve cognitive performance.
- Skin health ,because it contains selenium.
Immune system tonic, hypolipidemic, blood pressure regulator, anti-viral, repairs the liver, anti-cancer, nourishes and supports blood production (anti-anemic), anti-proliferative, hepatoprotective, antifungal, anticaries, Immunomodulator (delays or corners an immune response or an inflammatory condition without causing significant immune suppression).
M.Shiita product should be used with caution in pregnant women, breastfeeding mothers, and children. There is not enough reliable information about the use of Shiitake mushroom in this category of people. Consult your doctor before you take this product.
- M.Shiita product is contraindicated for people who take anticoagulants like warfarin (Coumadin) or glucagon. start with a low dose while checking for coagulation factors.
- M.Shiita product is contraindicated for patients with Cholecystitis (gallbladder inflammation) and/or from large stones in the gall bladder.
Large doses of Shiitake mushroom may cause discomfort in the digestive system, bloating (flatulence) and diarrhea.
Very rare side effects: dermatitis or redness of skin.
To purchase the product through Amazon website, click here
For references click here