Botanical name: Vitex Agnus castus
Common names: Vitex, Chaste tree, Chasteberry, Abraham’s balm
Product name: Kaf. m
Net weight: 44 gram
Content: 100 capsules
Vitex Agnus castus has been known since ancient times and was used in several treatments including headaches, colds, eye diseases, and gastrointestinal problems. However, it was mainly used to regulate hormones and to treat hormonal disorders in women. Vitex works on the pituitary gland and the hypothalamus, which are responsible for releasing hormones throughout the reproductive system. Vitex been proven to balance estrogen and progesterone levels.
Kaf.m product – Vitex Agnus castus indications:
- for women with estrogen and progesterone imbalance and with fertility problems.
- for irregular menstruation, heavy menstrual bleeding, bleeding between menstrual cycles and abnormal uterine bleeding.
- for polycystic ovary syndrome.
- for low progesterone level which may cause thin uterine lining that causes infertility.
- for anovulation (lack of ovulation) and oligo-ovulation (infrequent or irregular ovulation).
- for fibroids, uterine fibrosis and endometriosis. Endometriosis is a disorder in which tissue that normally grows inside the uterus, called endometrium, grows outside of it. It can cause pain and infertility.
- for menstrual pain, ovulation pain, premenstrual syndrome (PMS) and breast congestion.
- to reduce menopausal symptoms such as sweating, back pain, shoulder pain, depression, mood fluctuation, nervousness, dizziness, memory impairment and urinary tract inflammation.
- for high prolactin level in men which causes infertility and lack of sperm production.
- for migraine due hormone imbalance.
- for high estrogen level and for diseases and disorders caused by this increase like: uterine and breast fibrosis, polycystic breast and uterus, breast swelling and pain.
- for acne in boys and girls.
- to increase breast milk production in lactating women by increasing prolactin hormone.
- for hormone imbalance in young women and for women who have very high prolactin level which may cause sterility and anovulation.
- to reduce the level of FSH hormone in men and women. It is an excellent remedy of high prolactin level in men.
- for some cases of depression especially postpartum depression, fear, anxiety, and stress in women during menstrual cycle.
- to reduce libido in men with hyper sexuality and to increase it in women with hypo sexuality.
- for vaginal inflammations, excess vaginal secretion and vaginal dryness in women.
- to strengthen the reproductive system in women.
- to stimulate labor and accelerate birth. (see warning)
- for women with frequent abortion.
- for digestive system disorders like indigestion.
Note: It is recommended to start with low dosage then gradually increase it.
Kaf.m product – Vitex Agnus castus can be used by pregnant women only few days before due date or after it.(see contraindications)
- Kaf.m product – Vitex Agnus castus is contraindicated for pregnant women.
- Kaf.m product – Vitex Agnus castus is contraindicated in conjunction with contraceptive pills.
- Kaf.m product – Vitex Agnus castus is contraindicated for women who are receiving hormone therapy during menopause.
- Kaf.m product – Vitex Agnus castus is contraindicated for patients on permanent medication. you should consult a doctor first.
- Kaf.m product – Vitex Agnus castus is contraindicated for patients with hormone related cancer like uterus cancer, breast cancer and ovaries cancer.
Kaf.m product- Vitex Agnus castus is safe for use. The side effect ratio does not exceed 1%.
Some of these side are: headache, dizziness, mild abdominal pain, mild chest pain.
All side effects are transient and will subside once the treatment is finished.
To purchase the product through Amazon website, click here
For references click here.