Healthy Diet and Daily Instructions for Women with Abnormal Vaginal Discharge – Allowed:
It is important for women with abnormal vaginal discharge to abide by the following instructions.
General advice for people with women with abnormal vaginal discharge:
- Keep vagina clean using warm water and gentle soap for vagina (alcohol free).
- Wear only cotton made underwear.
- Try to keep vaginal area dry.
- Boil sage, chamomile and nettle herbs for 3 minutes, then filter it and take a sitting bath for 20 minutes. (1tbsp of each herb for every 2 liters of water)
- Sit for 7-10 min in a bathtub of sodium bicarbonate (1tsp for every liter of water) every day. You can also use bicarbonate wash.
- Do daily sports and relaxation exercises such as yoga, meditation and breathing exercises to improve and stimulate blood flow and reduce stress and thus improve mood and strengthen the immune system.
Liquids (Water- Juices- Teas)
- Drink tea of the following herbs on a daily basis: sage, rosemary, and cinnamon. You can also replace with herbal supplements.
- Add olive oil to your meals because it is rich in essential fatty acids. You should consume an amount of a small cup of olive oil every day.
Fruits and Vegetables
- It is prefer to consume orange and red colored fruits and vegetables especially sweet potatoes.
- Add fresh mushroom to your daily diet especially reishi mushroom and maitake mushroom.
- Eat avocadoes because they are rich in essential fatty acids.
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables because they are considered a rich source of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals that are essential for the proper function of the immune system.
- Fruits and vegetables have high content of fiber which helps detoxify the body and remove accumulated waste and thus helps strengthen the immune system.
- You should eat anti-inflammatory foods such as onions, garlic and ginger.
- Consume foods that contain oligosaccharides such as bananas, chicory, garlic, onions and artichokes. These saccharides are partially digested; therefore, the undigested part goes to the intestines and forms food for good bacteria.
- Consume foods that contain probiotics such as soybeans, homemade pickles (carrots, cucumber, and cabbage) and tofu.
Whole grains – Legumes – Seeds and Nuts
- Consume food that are rich in essential fatty acids. Prefer to eat raw walnuts, almonds, and seeds.
- Add flaxseeds to your food because it is rich in omega3 fatty acid. Omega3 fatty acid is important for the health and integrity of cells and for the hormonal balance and the proper functioning of the nervous system.
- Prefer to eat whole grains (whole rice, quinoa, oatmeal), legumes (lentils, beans), oatmeal, wheat bran and flaxseeds. Whole grains and legumes have high content of fiber, which helps detoxify the body and remove accumulated waste.
- Eat whole grains and legumes because they contain oligosaccharides. These saccharides are partially digested; therefore, the undigested part goes to the intestines and forms food for good bacteria.
Fish and Seafood
- Eat various types of fish and seafood such as sardines, salmon, herring, tuna, and halibut, for they have high content of omega3 fatty acid.
Omega3 is important for the health and integrity of cells and for the hormonal balance and the proper functioning of the nervous system.
Healthy Diet and Daily Instructions for Women with Abnormal Vaginal Discharge – Prohibited:
- Foods that weaken the immune system and induce inflammation such as sugar, milk and dairy.
- Alcohol, energy drinks and caffeinated beverages because they weaken the immune system.
- Foods that contain saturated fat such as fried food, beef, processed food, margarine, butter, and refined oils.
- Foods from an animal source such as red meat, poultry meat, eggs, milk and dairy because they induce inflammations.
- Processed and canned food that contain preservatives, food dyes and flavorings for they weaken the immune system.
- Avoid perfumed soaps, gels, and antiseptics.
- Also avoid tight clothes.
- Cigarettes and hookah.
- Avoid stress.
- Reduce the consumption of foods that are made of white flour.